Traditionally the source of gossip at the office, water coolers are still popular for office and industry environments. For less than $1 a day, they can provide safe and healthy filtered water, and encourage a higher consumption of drinking water to ensure everyone stays properly hydrated throughout the day.
How much a water cooler costs depends on several factors, and there are a range of options available on the market. Making the right choice doesn't have to be hard. It all comes down to understanding your needs.
The Water People can help you find the best water cooler for your business. Get in touch, and we'll recommend the best product for your needs.
If you’re not looking to splash your cash, a bottled water cooler can be an economical and practical option. However, bottled water can be expensive and less environmentally friendly. Bottled water can easily cost an eye-watering $1 per litre or more.
- With our top-filled bottle systems, you won’t ever have to buy bottled water again.
- With integrated filters they reduce sediment, chlorine, heavy metals, bad tastes, and odour.
- They are also a great solution where mains water supply is not an option.
Starting from about $350, they can suit locations with low or medium demand, dispensing chilled filtered water around the clock. Choose from floor standing or bench mounted water cooler models, chilled and ambient water, or chilled and hot water.
Mains-connected water coolers provide a steady supply of cool, clear drinking water with minimal fuss and maximum convenience. Having instant boiling and chilled water on hand allows you to improve productivity.
- Clean, green and cost-effective, mains systems eliminate the hassle associated with refill systems, meaning no environmental waste.
- Mains water coolers mean no storage or collection issues, no safety concerns with replacing heavy bottles, and no delivery fees.
- Especially in locations such as a busy office or showroom, professional-looking high-volume systems can operate reliably and consistently for minimal effort and cost.
Market leading mains-connected water coolers from top brands start at $700. Related costs such as plumbing connection and installation will very depending on your building layout and water access.
If you have any questions or need some advice on the best water cooler for your business, get in touch with The Water People. Our team of experts will be more than happy to help.
Renting over buying
If budgets are an issue, you don't have to fork out full price for a new water cooler. Leasing water coolers can be a cost effective option for several organisations, including:
- Businesses in one location that requires multiple systems, such as a large office, school or university,
- Businesses with multiple locations
Get the best value
Remember that choosing a provider isn’t all about price, it’s also about quality service and support. If you think renting may be an option for you, The Water People can provide expert advice to help you make the right decision.
Water cooler filters
Filters eliminate chemicals, toxins and contaminants in your water and need to be changed every 6 months. Not only do they make your drinking water taste better and provide added health benefits, they also protect your water cooler’s internal tank from residue build-up, extending the life of the unit.
A reputable, service-orientated company like The Water People will make the process easy for you by:
- Keeping a record of when filters are due to be changed,
- Giving you the option of either replacing them yourself, or,
- Scheduling a visit from our professional service team for a reasonable fee
See our guide to the most popular filter types to learn about the alternatives. Your choice of filtration method can have an impact on cost, so let us help you narrow down your options so you get the right solution.
What’s best for you
When it comes to water cooler costs, it's important to do your research. While purchase price is an important factor, it’s not the only consideration. You need a system that's reliable, without the recurring hassle of repairs and paying unexpected bills.
Whichever water cooler model you go for, it needs to be suitable for your needs and demand. Also, take into consideration whether you are in a short-term lease or may be moving premises in the foreseeable future, as some water cooler systems can be more easily relocated than others.
Here at The Water People, we are a family-owned and operated business. With decades in the water supply industry, we have extensive experience with water coolers. We pride ourselves on providing custom solutions, and stocking a select range of premium brands.